Useful Links for funding opportunities
- http://www.ors.duke.edu/find/tools/index.html – Duke University Office of Research Support is an excellent site with a wealth of services and suggestions for finding funding
- http://www.ors.duke.edu/find/student/pdoc/index.html is a Duke University webpage devoted to postdoctoral funding!
- http://phsresearchintranet.partners.org/PHS_ResearchMgmt/RM_Support_Resources.asp is the funding resource page for (Partners) Research Management with a long list of foundations that award funding
- http://www.raconline.org/funding/funding.php – National, State, and Foundation sponsor search tool for grants that aid rural communities
- http://foundationcenter.org/ is a good resource for foundation searches, but comes with subscription fees
- http://www.massgeneral.org/facultydevelopment/orcd/index.html is the ORCD homepage which also has a few suggestions of where to look for grants
Boston-based networking organizations
WEST provides a powerful forum and supportive environment for early and mid-career women in the fields of science and technology. We provide our members and our broader community with a comprehensive portfolio of workshops and panels that include advice regarding career advancement, alternate career options, leadership skill building, and exposure to entrepreneurship. WEST programs are designed to enhance skills, develop professional networks, provide inspiration, and empower women to achieve their full potential. WEST Mentoring Program
MASS AWIS is the Massachusetts Chapter of the National Association for Women in Science (AWIS), a non-profit organization. Our mission, like the National AWIS, is to support women in all scientific fields and to achieve equity and full participation for women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). By breaking down barriers and creating opportunities, AWIS strives to ensure that women in these fields can achieve their full potential.
WIB aims to help women achieve the highest levels of leadership, influence and decision-making that they desire. As WIB grows its membership, its activities and its geographic spread, it is rapidly becoming a leading authority and organization for women in the life sciences. We focus our activities on education, mentoring and networking, and on creating opportunities for leadership that can help advance careers. WIB Mentoring Program
LaunchBio is a nonprofit organization that identifies, counsels, and supports high-growth, high-impact life science and biotechnology companies. Its mission is to build an ecosystem of innovation for the benefit of human health and well-being. They hold frequent networking seminars on topics of interest to the Boston biotech community.
Additional Tips for Identifying Opportunities:
- Applicants may also want to search CRISP (Computer Retrieval of Information on Scientific Projects) to find out if projects in their area have been funded by NIH and what NIH Institutes and Centers have shown an interest in their area in the past. This may help narrow their search for a suitable opportunity. CRISP is a biomedical database system containing information on research projects and programs supported by the Department of Health and Human Services.